Hamas Al-Qassam Brigades Steal my Articles
Update: After posting this report Al Qassam information office sent me an e-mail saying that they corrected the article and they posted a link to my homepage: www.kawther.info. Al-Qassam e-mail quoted below.
First of all, we would like to assure that not mention the source of our articles is not deliberately matter, then we put the source. You made a quick judge. Second thing if anyone have trouble with somebody, [redacted]. Before you publish on your website as this http://www.kawther.info/wpr/2010/07/06/hamas-al-qassam-brigades-steal-my-articles, check our website again, we edited the article http://www.kawther.info/wpr/2010/07/06/hamas-al-qassam-brigades-steal-my-articles.
On July 03-07-2010, the “Ezzedeen Al-Qassam Brigades” posted a report on their site entitled “Army leader cancels visit to London”. See the article here. The report was stolen from a previous article about the Israeli war criminal Udi ben Moha titled “Israeli Police and Military Vandalized 3 Radio Stations” posted on August 24th, 2008. See the original article here.
Hamas did not post either a link to my article or give me credit, as is required in my published condition of use. This was not the first time that the Al-Qassam stole my reports, but it is the first time that I wrote the Al-Qassam administrator to respect the conditions of use of my website. I posted comments on the stolen article published on their site. But the comments were not published and the article did not change. Click on the PDF to see the stolen part from my article.
The behavior of Al-Qassam was not only a deliberate theft and a violation of the conditions of use posted on my site, but also a violation of the Islamic moral, ethics and principles which Al-Qassam supposedly respects, as they present themselves as an “Islamic movement”. It also seems to me that the “Al-Qassam” thugs omitted giving me credit because I am a woman, and because I am not one of their puppets. It is a gender issue which the Al-Qassam brigades do not understand.
I want to make it clear that I do not feel honored by them posting my reports on their site. I would also not care if they put my name and a link back to my article, but when they fail to give attribution it is theft. Period.
If Al-Qassam are not able to respect me just because I am a woman, then they should not take my work. I would understand if the israelis steal my work, but fellow Palestinians who represent themselves as protecting Palestine? What is their problem with a woman who is able to think by herself and write?
If they are not able to respect me and recognize my work because I am a woman, then they should take a long and critical look in the mirror. As things stand, I have done more against the occupation, and these people with their puny rockets have done more to harm Palestinians, than many, many people. If they disrespect me it is quite probable that they disrespect other women as well. As such, they have become part of the rot which affects all established Palestinian politics and hinders effective countering the occupation. In the interest of everybody, they should make room for others better able to take on and subdue the occupation.
The Al-Qassam brigades and all the other thieves who do not understand my words as a Palestinian woman are not welcome to visit my site, to read or to copy my articles.
by Kawther Salam
The condition of use under which I published are at the bottom of this page: http://www.kawther.info
- You may copy and distribute all work on my site, www.kawther.info, for free, fair and non-commercial use, as long as you gives attribution to ‘Kawther Salam’.
- You may quote excerpts of my work, as long as they remain unaltered, they are correctly attributed to me, and you set a link back to the original article.
- You may not use the work published here to solicit money, goods or services for any purpose, especially for but not limited to charities, religious and political organizations.
- You must include a link back to the URL of the original article if you use it on an Internet publication.
Thanks for understanding.
Possibly related posts (automatically generated):
- About After I was forced by the Israeli occupation forces to leave my home Hebron in Palestine, I fled to Vienna,...
- Is Daniel Seaman Israels Chief Torturer ? Last Sunday I posted an article about Daniel Seaman, the current head of the Israeli Government Press Office. While looking...
- E-mail from Aljazeera From: Clayton Swisher Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 1:10 PM To: kawther_salam [at] yahoo [dot] com Cc: Stuart Pendleton Subject:...
- The Second Marriage of Hamas Prime Minister The Palestinian Prime Minister of Hamas in Gaza, the leading figure of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas), Ismail Abed Al-Salam...
- Meedan translation From: Eman To: kawther_salam [at] yahoo [dot] com Sent: Wed, September 9, 2009 11:27:17 PM Subject: Meedan translation exchange for...