Corruption and Honor Killings Sponsored by The EU
According to the EU
“President Mahmoud Abbas is not a criminal – he is the President of the Palestinian Authority and Chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and recognised as such by the entire international community, including Israel.”
So it is also no surprise that the EU, as part of that “international community” of lawless bumblers, would disregard its own laws.For example, article 2 of the EU-Israel association agreement states that the human rights situation must be taken into account in deals between the EU and israel. This has apparently never happened, because the last EU representative who dared to criticize israels extermination policies towards us Palestinians, Anna Lindh was murdered by the “crazy loner” who always appears on scene when jewish interests are in peril of defeat.
Even if Abbas is the “President” of the Palestinian Authority and Chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and “recognized as such by the entire international community, including Israel”, this does not relieve him of charges of financial and administrative corruption.
- How does the EU explain, for example, what it means that President Abbas spends five million Euros monthly for the expenses of his house and family, and another five million Euros as travel expenses?
- And how does the EU explain the causes of extreme poverty affecting beyond 70% of Palestinians while Abbas and his coterie of knaves and fat cats live in unimaginable luxury in Ramallah?
- Will the EU state in yet another anonymous communiqué that all Palestinians live the same luxurious life like the PA elements?
Now the EU is doing the same in Palestine in favour of Israel, to lengthen the age of the Israeli occupation in my homeland, to strengthen its economy while you are destroying the economy of the EU and what remains of Palestine.
- Of course, how could anybody dare to call a thief among thieves, a miserable traitor and tyrant bankrolled by the EU a criminal?Criminals are only the others, the cleptocracies who the EU does not prop up or where the role of the EU propping them up is not so blatant.
The EU further states in their answer to my questions:Although it is not clear what exactly you are referring to by “increased number of killing women in Palestine”, you can be assured that the European Union (EU) monitors closely the situation of women’s rights throughout the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) and finances a number of projects supporting women’s rights there. Human rights violations in the oPt – including those against women – are addressed in the regular bilateral dialogue between the EU and the Palestinian Authority within the framework of the European Neighbourhood Policy and concerns related to human rights are also raised at the highest political level.
- On July 13, a woman was thrown into a septic well and left to die near Hebron
- On July 19, a father killed his daughter, Randa Mahariq, 34, in Al-Samoua near Hebron
- On July 22 a father slaughtered his student daughter after breakfast in Tulkarem
- On July 31 a man slaughtered his wife in the streets of Bethlehem
- Some months ago, a student of English at Hebron University was thrown into an artesian well by her relatives and left to die
- Also some months ago, the PA minister of civil affairs raped a minor girl and remains unpunished to this day
In the West Bank and Gaza there are no laws that forbid women from being murdered or prosecute their murderers. The Egyptian laws that are implemented in Gaza and the Jordanian Laws implemented in the West Bank discriminate between men and women, and protect the murderers of women. “Honor” has become a justification for murdering women and protecting the murderers, as well as keeping the power in the hands of the men who lead the society and impede women from reaching power. This state of affairs is a clear threat for all women who seek equality with men in their rights.
The EU continues in their answerHuman rights violations in the oPt – including those against women – are addressed in the regular bilateral dialogue between the EU and the Palestinian Authority within the framework of the European Neighbourhood Policy and concerns related to human rights are also raised at the highest political level.
To illustrate the state of affairs regarding womens rights in Palestine, a personal story.According to my knowledge, Samir Aoudeh, the husband of my sister who is of profession a PA security element, one of the people whose monthly salary is paid with EU money, used to have a brothel behind the back of my sister. He had married a second wife and forced her to sell her favours to his military friends. This continued until one of the clients, an officer of the PA intelligence (from the Al Zaro family in Hebron) made a sex film and posted it on the Internet.The family of the girl discovered the video and, in order to save the family honour, cut her head and and hung it on the electricity wires before their home. To my knowledge both these PA elements are free until today and continue working for the PA to this day.
رجل يذبح زوجته من الوريد إلى الوريد في الشارع العام وسط المشاهدين في مدينة بيت لحم
قصة المرأة الذبيحة في بيت لحم من الألف إلى الياء
السلطة تستخدم القوة للسيطرة على غضب الشارع في أعقاب نحر إمرأة في بيت لحم
- Women’s Day International Women’s Day Below are two press releases which were distributed by UNIS and Al-Haq for Human Rights on...
- Boycott Lufthansa, MALEV And Swiss Airline The Palestinian communities, institutions and events Union in the Diaspora – Europe had issued a statement in which they demanded...
- Palestinian State Declared at UN One Day Before Abbas I have followed the activity of the “Palestinian Authority” for several years with great and increasing doubts. Their record...
- حركة نساء بالسواد تنظم إعتصاما أمام مقر الأمم المتحدة والإتحاد الأوروبي دعما لفلسطين السيدة باولا ابرامس حوراني تقف مع ممثل مكتب الأتحاد الأوروبي بعد تسليمه رسالة في خصوص دعم الأعتراف الكامل بعضوية فلسطين...
- The Israeli Policies Amount To Apartheids The Russell Tribunal on Palestine: Israel’s policies amount to Apartheids Sent by Al-Haq for Human Rights in Ramallah –...