A Letter for YOU
I received the letter below from Dr. Alex Awad, a professor and Priest at the Bethlehem Bible College in Jerusalem. I know Dr. Awad and his brother Dr. Bishara, the director of the college, personally. They are friends, or brothers, the people in Palestine closest close to me. The brothers Bishara and Alex Awad carry a message of peace and love for all human beings, the message of the King of peace, the prophet Jesus (peace and mercy be upon him). When the Awad brothers speak, they say the truth, the whole truth without adding or resting from it.
The message which Dr. Awad sent me yesterday about the family of Tony Nassar in Bethlehem tells the story of every Palestinian living in his own home and land in Palestine, the story of everybody living in Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Beit Sahour, Beit Jala, the villages south of Hebron, north, south, east and west of Ramallah, Jenin, Nablus, and in all Palestinian villages and towns in the occupied territories. It is a story of life under the rule of the military zionist Israeli occupation for more than 62 years. It suffices to be a Palestinian to live your days and nights accused and persecuted of all offenses, under unjust charges brought by the zionists of so called “Israel”.
Below is the letter of Dr. Alex Awad and Toney’s family.
Today, May 27, 2010, Tony Nassar, a former student of Bethlehem Bible College (his wife Nisreen is on our staff and a graduate of BBC) and a member of the Lutheran Church in Bethlehem, called me to inform me that the Israeli Military Authorities have come to his family’s lands (now called Tent of Nations) and accused the family of committing nine violations on the land. Tony also shared with me that the Israelis told his family that they will come this Sunday, May 30 to destroy the few structural developments that the family and volunteers, from around the world, have helped the family develop.
Tony’s family land has been coveted by Israeli settlers for many years. Most of the development has been underground and in caves. The family has been using the land for a camping and a for retreat center for international peacemakers. The land has been in the Nassar family before 1924 (at least 24 years before the creation of the State of Israel).
The Military Authorities are doing this to support the Jewish settlers in their bid to ethnically cleanse the land from its Palestinian inhabitants. The irony is, while Israel is violating international law in a big way by building huge illegal Jewish settlements in the West Bank, a Palestinian is not allowed the most basic developments on his or her land if the land happens to be in a zone that is coveted by Jewish settlers.
I urge you to stand against this injustice. You can do so by sending emails, faxes and phone calls to the Israeli Embassy or Consulate in your country, State or City and send a message to the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You can get these numbers from the Internet.
You can also help by sending this email to your friends who care about peace and justice in Israel and Palestine. Let us tell the Israeli authorities that the Nassar family is not standing alone.
Possibly related posts (automatically generated):
- The IDF Cold War in Hebron The Israeli military commander of Hebron, colonel Yehuda Fuchs, has imposed a curfew on the poor Palestinians who live in...
- Merry Christmas from Gaza: Strawberries Instead of Chocolate This year, Christmas mass was held at six o’clock in the evening in Gaza City instead of at midnight, as...
- Children Survive the Israeli Destruction The story of the eight children of Al-Samouni family who survived six days together with their beloved dead family under...
- Gaza Appeal from Bethlehem Bible College The director of the Bethlehm Bible College, Dr. Bishara Awad, wrote me that the BBC has five students and some...
- Palestinian Protester to Blair: You are a Terrorist “You are a terrorist, you are not welcome in the land of Palestine”. A Palestinian from the Hamdan family shouted...