Palestine Calendar 2011
The BADIL Resource Center for Palestinian Residency and Refugee Rights announced the 2011 Desk-Calendars which are titled “Rights in Principle – Rights in Practice: 20 years of processing peace”. It includes photos and information on the root causes of ongoing forced displacement and dispossession of Palestinians, an assessment of 20 years of failed peace diplomacy and civil society-led efforts to hold Israel accountable for its systematic abuse of the rights of the Palestinian people.
Relevant historic dates and events are marked for each month of the year as follows:
January: Palestine’s Ongoing Nakba
February: Forced Population Transfer
March: Sumoud and Land Day
April: Palestinian Political Prisoners and Detainees
May: The Nakba
June: Occupation, Colonialism and Apartheid
July: The Wall and its Associated Regime
August: Legislating Israeli Apartheid
September: International Accountability and the Goldstone Report
October: The peace process at 20
November: The United Nations and International Solidarity
December: The Right to Return
Calendars are in Arabic and English, and cost 5 Euros. They can be ordered online
Possibly related posts (automatically generated):
- Decision of Collaborators Furthers Palestinian Genocide Addameer, Al Haq, Al Mezan, Badil, Civic Coalition for Jerusalem, DCI- Palestine. NSAN Centre, Independent Commission for Human Rights, Jerusalem...
- I.P.O Dr. Hans Köchler. IPO I.P.O. RESEARCH PAPERS Dr. Hans Köchler Professor of Philosophy, University of Innsbruck (Austria) The Voting Procedure...
- Mazin Qumsiyeh The Israeli judges of the “supreme court” today seemed at first sympathetic to the plight of the villagers of Al-Walaja...
- Israeli Apartheid Week The Sixth Annual Israeli Apartheid Week Solidarity in Action: Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions March 2010 Mark your calendars – the 6th...
- BADIL Resource Center Two new items that might be of interest to you: 1.The Coalition of Women for Peace release report on...