Ibrahimi Mosque Stolen by the Jews
On February 21 2010, the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced that the Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron (Al Khalil), the second biggest Palestinian Muslim town in the south of the West Bank, and Rachel’s Tomb in Bethlehem, as Jewish heritage sites. The Ibrahimi Mosque is one of the most important Muslim sites and is the one most accessible to West Bank Palestinians.
[click on pictures to see enlarged in full]
The Israeli theft plan started since the invasion in 1967. On 25 February 1994 the American terrorist Jew from a Kach jewish underground cell, Baruch Goldstein, massacred 29 Muslim worshipers at the Ibrahimi mosques and injured hundreds more, among them dozens were left in critical conditions, and many survived but still suffer permanent disabilities. The massacre of Goldstein and the subsequent military actions which led to the division of the Ibrahimi Mosque came in the context of the Israeli military plan for judaizing Islamic mosques and stealing them.
The theft of Rachel’s Tomb in Bethlehem started before signing the so-called Oslo “peace agreement”. After the establishment of Palestinian National Authority and the unjustified division to Palestine, the West Bank cities, towns and villages into areas A under nominal PA control and B under the “shared” control of PA administration and Israel security, and C under Israeli occupation, Israel started stealing as much as possible from the Palestinian West Bank: water, lands, road for the Jewish squatters colonies, stealing the Islamic heritage and finally declaring it as jewish heritage.
The so-called peace negotiation and the recognizing of the PA were just steps to allow the continuation of Israeli occupation and to allow them to steal from Palestine and the Palestinians under the pretext of these so-called peace negotiations, and to present a final solution as unfavorable as possible to Palestinian interests.
The theft which Netanyahu declared legal led to a general strike, to demonstrations in Hebron and in other West Bank towns and cities. Palestinian boys showed their own response to the statement of the master thief Netanyahu by throwing stones at the Israeli the military terrorists stationed in Hebron, Jerusalem and everywhere else in the West Bank towns. The Israeli military’s response was to shoot live bullets and tear gas at the Palestinians, injuring and murdering many children and protesters. It is awful that the poltroons in Arab and European regimes did not show any interest whatsoever in this disgusting crime.
See the Press Release of the Hebron Committee for Rehabilitation
“To Preserve the Heritage of Hebron is to Preserve Humanity”
24 February 2010 – The International Committee for the preservation and the promotion of the Old City of Hebron created in October 2009 and co-chaired by the Mayors of Arcueil, Belfort (France) and Hebron (West Bank, Palestinians Territories) defends the universal cultural heritage of the Old City of Hebron by backing communication and rehabilitation actions led for decades by the Palestinian authorities and supports the enlisting of the Old City on the UNESCO World Heritage List. The Committee consists of over 500 members including famous international personalities such as Boutros BOUTROS-GHALI, Former Secretary-General of the United Nations and Federico MAYOR, President of the Foundation “Culture of Peace” and Former Director of UNESCO.
Therefore, the International Committee condemns the 21 February 2010 announcement stating the addition on the list of Israeli heritage sites of the Abraham Mosque – the Cave of the Patriarchs, holy place for the three monotheistic religions and located in the Old City of Hebron.
Exceptional place of historic interest thanks to a rare architecture dating back to the Mameluk (XIII-XVI) and the Ottoman (XVII-XIX) periods, the Old City of Hebron, acknowledged in 2005 by the UNESCO on the “inventory of Palestinian heritage sites with exceptional universal potential value”, is kept under Israeli military control since 1997. It consists of the “H2 zone” which spreads on 20 % of the territory of this Palestinian city according to a temporary agreement made with the prospect of final peace resolution set in motion in 1994.
The announcement made by the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, seriously contravenes international rights:
- the Hague Convention of 1954, Convention for the protection of cultural property in the event of armed conflict, ratified by the Israel State and forbidding the Occupying Power to damage cultural properties located in the occupied territory
- international common law for the protection of persons and property in the event of a conflict, such as the Geneva Conventions of 1949 Israel also took part in, and which stipulates that the Occupying Power cannot acquire any properties located in the occupied territory.
The International Committee considers that such a decision shows the determination of the present Israeli government to impose accomplished facts in the field while jeopardizing any viable prospect of a Palestinian sovereignty over Hebron territory. It is also likely to threaten any chance of resuming the peace process by generating troubles keeping worsening the already tense local situation.
The universal heritage of the Old City of Hebron including the Abraham Mosque – the Cave of the Patriarchs, must be protected and the International Committee calls on the UNESCO Authorities to take urgent and exceptional action for an international protection of this Heritage.
Possibly related posts (automatically generated):
- Palestinian flag like a red rag for settlers This article was published in a Dutch newspaper in 1996. I found it in my archives and decided to publish...
- The Annapolis Summit legitimized Genocide Between the talk about peace of the Israeli government in front the world and inside the closed rooms in Annapolis...
- A British Minister Caged by Israel In Hebron I felt offended when I saw British Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Bill Rammell, in company of the British...
- Israel Escalates Racism in Occupied Palestine Press Release The Palestine Return Centre (PRC) expressed deep anxiety because of the Israeli practices in occupied Palestinian territories. International...
- The True Face Of Israel Terrorism West Bank/ Hebron, August 27 2009, Israeli IDF occupation criminal points his rifle to the chest of a child in...