EU and The State of Palestine
On Tuesday 17 November 2009, Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt, whose country holds the rotating EU presidency said, while answering reporter questions about the Palestinian leaders who raised the issue of declaring the Palestinian State in the West Bank and Gaza within the borders of 1967: “I would hope we would be in a position to recognize a Palestinian state, but there has to be one first. So I think that is a bit premature and the conditions are not there as of yet.”
EU: “It is premature for a Palestinian state”.
Abbas: “A Palestinian state … It is not a unilateral decision”.
Palestinians: “The time for Palestine has come”.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said: “Our turning to the Security Council to recognize a Palestinian state in the borders of June 1967 is not a unilateral decision. It is a decision made by an Arab resolution and agreed to by the Higher Arab Monitoring Committee to go to the Security Council, to tell them to declare a Palestinian state in the borders of 4 June 1967.”
Israel warned that declaring a state without concluding a peace agreement would lead to Israeli counter-measures that could include annexation of more of the occupied West Bank.
The Palestinian street denounced the negative attitudes of the EU and US against declaring a Palestinian state, after 62 years of living under the zionist occupation and more than twenty years of failed negotiations with the Israeli occupier. The Palestinian public opinion criticized sharply EU and the US, who supported the establishment of Israel on the Palestinian land based on the shameful Belfour declaration and not on the basis of the international laws and customs of the time.
The establishment of Israel had no legitimacy, and its recognition as a state on part of the international community was a grave mistake and crime against humanity made possible by massive bribes of those involved from part of the financiers of Zionism of those days, most prominently the Rothschild crime family. Now is a better time than ever to end the illegitimate, criminal and morally bankrupt zionist project for ever, together with its occupation of our holy land.
The legitimacy of the UN and international law depends upon the delegitimisation and dismantling, by the international community as represented in the organizations of the UN, of the zionist crime which is Israel . The continued existence of this criminal and terrorist organization is a danger not only to Palestinians and to the fragile edifice of international law, but to the welfare of all peoples of the world.
The ICTY used the term “Hostis Humani Generis” (enemy of all humanity) in the case against Anto Furundzija to qualify the universal revulsion before those who use torture. The Zionists have been using not only torture, but exactly all crimes described in the Chapters 6 to 8 of the Rome Statute of the ICC since 1948 and much before, plus terrorism, plus all crimes described in all penal codes of the world, on a daily basis, as part of their “business as usual” and not in the exceptional situation of a war as was the case in Yugoslavia.
My questions are:
- What makes Israel so different that this monstrosity is NOT being called “enemy of all humanity” by every politician everywhere?
- Where is the universal revulsion about the behavior of Israel and it’s religious establishment in every single aspect of its daily doings?
The outlawry of Israel did not start with the Gaza massacre, nor did it end there. Where is the revulsion? There can be no claim of being a state respectful of laws for any state which continues extending its recognition to Israel, as this organization is not able to be a subject of international law. Israel is a temporary autonomous zone, and was intended as such by those who created it. By definition such a refuge of outlawry must be ended by any state or organization which claims to act in the best interest of its population or of humanity at large.
This is the Palestinian answer to Mr. Bildt: The time for Palestine has come, be it in the borders of 1967, or be it on a much wider geographical basis.
Possibly related posts (automatically generated):
- A Warning to Israel Blockading one and a half a million Palestinians in the concentration camp which the Gaza Strip has become, declaring these...
- Human Rights: Nails in the Coffin of Israel The Jewish State of Israel considers itself above the laws and has imposed a blockade on any criticism against its...
- Do Not Waste Your Time in Palestine, Obama As a Palestinian, I strongly support the establishment of an independent Palestinian State, however, a state with complete power and...
- Israel Escalates Racism in Occupied Palestine Press Release The Palestine Return Centre (PRC) expressed deep anxiety because of the Israeli practices in occupied Palestinian territories. International...
- The Berlin Wall in Palestine German, Auf Deutsch On the ninth of November 2009 hundreds of thousands of Germans celebrated the twentieth anniversary of removing...